As the Summer of SōmruS continues, the Dolls keep dazzling their way around the nation. Their second tour stop: San Antonio, Texas. This was Caitlin’s second time in “The Alamo City” and Danielle’s first. With no time to waste, the Dolls headed straight to the iconic river walk, aka Paseo del Río, followed by a trip to the Alamo and the San Fernando Cathedral, the oldest Cathedral in San Antonio.
The riverwalk is a magical place full of bars, restaurants, shops, guys and Dolls. We recommend getting on the water and taking a guided tour. You can even bring your own refreshments for the cruise! Caitlin and Danielle are wearing sparkly tops from Free People, with white denim and our favorite Converse.
11 facts we learned:
1) San Antonio is celebrating its 300th Birthday this year.
2) The Alamo is the most visited attraction in all of Texas.
3) Amazon named San Antonio the most romantic city in the United States based on romantic typed purchases.
4) The one billionth Netflix DVD rental—”Babel,” if you were curious—was rented out to a film lover in a San Antonio suburb.
5) San Antonio is the 17th most visited city in the United States, and most visited in Texas.
6) San Antonio has the 3rd largest zoo in the Nation.
7) San Antonio is home to the oldest Church in Texas, San Fernando Cathedral, it dates back to 1738.
8) Fiesta San Antonio is a Festival that lasts 10 days and started in April of 1891. More than 3 million people attend this festival.
9) The Tower of Americas is 750- feet tall, it’s the 27th tallest building in Texas and has 952 steps to the top. It’s taller than the space needle and was built to prep for “Hemisfair 68”, that was San Antonio’s World’s Fair, that including 30 countries partying together.
10) Church’s Fried Chicken originated in San Antonio, across from the Alamo.
11) Movies with scenes on the River Walk include “Selena” (1997), “Miss Congeniality” (2000) and “Cloak & Dagger” (1984).
Caitlin and Danielle continued to twirl about town in beautiful gowns from Amsale. We love the beauty and simplicity of this Nicca dress.
The Sōmrus event we hosted was a tad different from the one in Minneapolis. This time, we were on the River Walk at Àcenar. This gem of a restaurant was deemed a non-tourist trap in San Antonio. That’s the type of venue we can totally support!
We met the most gorgeous blogger Dolls while in town. Roll call:
@reneeosuna – Follow this beauty maven for expert beauty tips! The highlight is real
@lizostyle – We adore this fashionable Doll! Follow her for unique styling inspo.
@ale_digori – This marketing maven is also a runner, fashionista, traveler and fun account to follow!
@zapattica – This gorgeous Latina is always about town – we love following her journey and all the fun makeup trends!
@leslieapproved – This expert traveller and foodie gives the best recommendations! If it’s Leslie approved, we’ll take two.
@neftalifdz – Neftali is a total Doll! She’s just as sweet in person as she is stylish in her photos.
@luxeandlabeless – Jonquil slays fashion and deals. We adore all the high and low fashion steals and deals in her grid!
@hello.halie – This gorgeous mom is living her best life! Follow her feed for the perfect balance of family and fashion.
@anagohardo – This aesthetician has her beauty game on point! We need all of her flawless skin tips and trendy snaps in our feed.
@cafeconellastv – Can’t say enough about this fun account! Follow these ladies to stay in the know about every fun event.
@stylelushtv – We’re a lush for San Antonio fashion! These Dolls are ultra fab and we can’t wait to check out their fashion awards in October.
@Sanantoniofoodlover – If there’s one thing San Antonio knows, it’s food! We love all the sweet and savory food and drink items she shares.
@Sanantoniostephanie – Food, fun and drinks… Does it get any better? Stephanie knows the best of the best.
@riverwalkdoc – New mom and doc, this Doll does it all. Arti is spreading wellness and foodie finds through her Instagram.
@doctors_pantry – Vidhya is a endocrinologist, wife, and mother of two kiddos…not to mention a home chef creating diabetic friendly recipes for her patients.
@bloggingsatx – We loved meeting the Dolls who created this collaboration-over-competition community. Blogger babes unite!
@drinking.in.sa – This is the IG to go to for allll your cocktail recipe inspiration and happy hour plans. Cheers!
@flicksandfood – This Doll has been blogging for almost 10 years! She has the cutest flavorful feed… brb we just got hungry 🙂
Stay tuned for our next few stops. We’re headed to Detroit next!
All photos of Caitlin and Danielle were taken by San Antonio photographer, Sean Nuqui.
Great pictures and loved the 11 facts!