Caitlin and Danielle love any opportunity to throw a stellar party – it’s actually something that the Dolls have become known for! So, when C+D were approached by their favorite liquor brand to hit the road, they decided it was time to officially take the Dollhouse on tour. First stop: Minneapolis.
Caitlin and Danielle enjoy the thrill of adventure, being in a new place and meeting new friends makes both Dolls’ hearts sing.
Three Tips to Throwing A Fun Event
- The Guest List: When it comes to planning the perfect party, we believe that best soirees are with the most interesting people! We connected with local Minneapolis influencers, industry insiders, and foodie socialites to mix and mingle over cocktails.
- The Drinks: So what is this alcohol? SōmruS is an Indian Cream Liquor, it’s brand new to the market, and we’re helping get the word out! It’s a rum-based cream and the flavors are on point: Saffron, Cardamon, Pistachio and Rose. We immediately teamed up with SōmruS brand ambassador, Lisa Leventhal to create the perfect event cocktails… Think Mango Piña Coladas, Mangronis (mango take on a classic Negroni), Grasshopper (minty deliciousness), and a Spiked Iced Chai.
- The Photo Opps: Every Instagrammer needs the perfect photo opp. We love to set up cute scenes for people to get creative with, but the most fun and interactive way to liven up a party is with a photobooth! We have so much fun snapping photos with new friends and tasty cocktails.
One Day in Minneapolis
The Dolls first stop was Minneapolis where they stayed at The Moxy, a stylish boutique hotel, located in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis. This neighborhood has a similar vibe as the West Loop in Chicago – full of trendy, young professionals.
The Moxy was a dream place for the Dolls to stay – the hotel lobby popped with splashes of pink, fun neon lights and soooo many instagrammable spots… too many to count! The Dolls favorite part of the hotel was the hammocks, once you exited the elevator on each floor you were welcomed by pink and purple hammocks to lounge in!
Our first dining experience in Minneapolis was at High Lo Diner. Fun fact: This 1950’s diner was transported from Pennsylvania to Minneapolis in 2016 for all Dolls in Minneapolis to enjoy!
Though we typically adhere to a strict nutrition plan created by OTG fitness, we allow ourselves to indulge every now and again! Especially when a fried chicken and waffles donut appears. This spot also offers some incredible murals – we adore the WYWH sign by Forrest Wozniak.
Later that evening, we hosted our event with SōmruS at the historic Patrick McGoverns. The night went off with out a hitch and the specialty cocktails were enjoyed by all! We were especially excited to reconnect with Anne Prins, an influencer we had previously met in Chicago! There are so many talented bloggers and influencers in Minneapolis.
Favorite Influencers in Attendance:
- @anneprins: Anne Prins is a total Doll! While she may look like the perfect Disney princess, she’s actually a down-to-earth real girl. Her feed is girly meets cool and the perfect inspiration to enjoy life!
- @eatdrinkdishmpls: This Readers’ Choice best Instagram is a must-follow for the dish on the latest local foodie news and events! Their feed will satisfy your cravings with all the deliciousness.
- @Mindylish: Mindy is an avid traveler with an appetite for Insta-worthy meals! Her feed is fresh, fun and has a photo of your next favorite meal. We love how she sprinkles in photos of herself and updates from her personal life.
- @golnazy: The founder of Eat Drink Dish shares her behind-the-scenes realness. Her personal tone of voice and aesthetic makes this feed feel like it’s coming from one of your best Dolls!
- @minneapolis.eats: We can taste the rainbow through Sidney’s colorful feed! Whether your into sweet or savory, this IG grid could guide you on a foodie tour all over the city.
- @ajeatsmpls: Not only does this feed let you experience all of the Minneapolis dining options, AJ shows you her own fav recipes. We love to meal prep & cook at home too!
- @foreigndailyeats: This foodie feed covers Minneapolis, Chicago and beyond. It’s the all-food-all-the-time alter ego of Anne Prins. Because Instagram models eat too.
After the event, the Dolls were whisked away to Young Joni, a new hot spot in Minneapolis for exotic pizzas and a speakeasy just around the back alley. Some of our favorites included the Korean BBQ: Beef short rib, mozzarella, scallion, arugula, sesame and soy chili vinaigrette and the Amatriciana: Italian red sauce, red table guanicale and pancetta, pecorino, cream, garlic, red onion, chili flake, and black pepper.
These spectacular pizzas were accompanied by a few glasses of Plavina, a Croatian wine.
10 facts the Dolls learned in Minneapolis:
- Prince is from Minneapolis.
- St. Paul and Minneapolis are divided by the Mississippi River but known as the Twin Cities.
- St. Paul is the capital of Minnesota although Minneapolis is the bigger of the two cities.
- Minneapolis is known as the most literate city in the US.
- There are more than 40 permanent art installations sprinkled throughout the city.
- The Twin Cities is home to the most Fortune 500 companies including Target, General Mills, Land O’ Lakes and many, many more.
- Minneapolis is home to more than 22 lakes, including some waterfalls.
- Minneapolis is known as the fittest city in the United States.
- The Mary Tyler Moore show was filmed in Minneapolis.
- Bob Dylan attended the University of Minneapolis.
Stay tuned for our next few stops. We’re headed to Palm Springs, L.A., San Antonio and Detroit next!