The Dolls know one thing for certain – the seasons will always change. Caitlin and Dani sense magic in the air as the leaves delicately transition to golden hues. Fall is one of the many reminders that change is beautiful, and with each season, the Dolls work on changing up their routines. Keep reading for the Dolls’ tips for a healthy Fall.
Over the years, we have learned that in order to be the best version of ourselves, we need to make health and wellness a top priority. A strong wellness routine is particularly important as the seasons change and we head into colder temps.
We have a few main focuses when it comes to wellness this season. It’s important that we recognize and care for our emotional and mental needs in addition to keeping our physical bodies strong as we enter the colder months.
Self Care! We understand that this is one of the most overused terms on the internet right now – but we won’t let that take away from its importance! You can NOT pour from an empty cup… so, find the things that fulfill you. Here are a few things that we adore:
- Practicing gratitude brings so much joy to our lives! Simply naming three things we are grateful for every day has been a life changer. We recommend the Five Minute Journal to get started on your gratitude journey. Journaling is known to relieve stress, spark self-reflection, boost memory and inspire creativity.
- Changing up skincare routines is something we do seasonally. Fall is a great opportunity to try treatments like a pumpkin enzyme facial (we like the one at Bare All Beauty in Glen Ellyn), a peel, or even the HALO. The HALO uses a hybrid technology of a non-ablative laser and an ablative laser in an intensive skin treatment. Dani is trying it out this October at Images Med Spa – use code DOLLHOUSE50 for $50 off any treatment at Images. We’ve recently been introduced to the Pro-Collagen products from Elemis and we absolutely love how ultra moisturizing they are! We are a few weeks in and our skin is feeling smooth and hydrated.
- Getting your endorphins increases energy and your metabolism! We recently discovered F45 Training and are living for the HIIT style workout. You are in and out the door in just 45 minutes with a super effective workout. We aim to go to this class at least 3 times a week.
- Therapy: A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body. Especially since we are dealing with a global pandemic and cooler temperatures are on the way. Seasonal depression is real. If you’re looking for an affordable outlet – Here you go! Community Counseling (778.769.0205) and The Family Institute at Northwestern University (847/733-4300, ext. 748) are both great outlets.
Nutrition! Fueling our bodies with organic and wholesome foods is a top priority. We like to adjust our nutrition regimes to follow what’s in season. These are a few of our favorite services that all deliver nutritious goods straight to your door!
- As the temps cool down, we crave warm foods. Enter: The Balanced Bee’s Bone Broth. We’ve always been a fan of bone broth. When we found a company that delivers 100% organic premium broths, we knew it was meant to bee (see what we did there?). These broths are formulated to intentionally provide the essential nutrients you need to fully live a modern, more holistic lifestyle. There are so many benefits but one of our favorites is youthful skin (hello collagen)!
- Daily Harvest has quickly become one of our favorite delivery programs. The food is SO good and it’s so easy to make on the go, in a pinch or in a hurry. Having access to such plentiful fruits and veggies has been a lifesaver for the Dolls. Create your plan and sign up for deliveries by clicking here. Use code DOLLHOUSE for $25 off your first box!
- Drinking one gallon of water per day helps your body at a cellular level. After about two weeks, you can expect: clearer skin, fewer headaches, less bloating, weight loss, ease of digestion and lightening of under eye circles. We are loving the hydrojug – simply fill it up twice a day to equal one gallon. Bottoms up! Use Code Dollhouse10 for a discount.
- If you follow us on IG stories, you know that we never shut up about Juice Plus+ and with good reason!We both take two of each of these whole food supplements every day. We love it because these magical little capsules help bridge the gap between what we do eat and what we should eat. Since we both love to workout, we should actually eat between 12-18 servings of fruits and veggies a day. 12-18. That’s a lot!!! You can order the supplements by clicking here.
Happy Home! We’re spending as much time as we can outside while the weather is nice, but we also know we will be cozying up by the fire at the Dollhouse any day now.
- It’s important to organize your summer gear away and if space is an issue in Chicago, then Blue Crates can take care of it all. Click here to learn all about Blue Crates – We are even giving you one month free! Use code: Dolls1free at checkout.
- Speaking of wardrobe transitions, we adore fashion-friendly sweats for this time of year. Whether we are cooking up something tasty in the kitchen, running around town or doing a photoshoot – we’re forever grateful for all things athleisure! We are so proud to rep these locally made Chicago sweatshirts. KATBR(INK)O launched in June 2020 after the 23 year old creator was laid off due to COVID-19. We love this new brand that believes in quality, comfort and girl power! Click this link to shop.
- We’re also loving this fun statement earrings from Go Bangles. We were actually photographed by the accessory maker, Asiya for this post! Asiya is a total Doll with a fun and whimsical vision. All her earrings are so vibrant! You can shop them using this link.
We are starting to feel it in the air, the magic of fall is beginning to flow into our world. Big sweaters, tall boots, warm beverages, beautiful colors showing up on our trees. We plan to enjoy all the novelties that fall brings but also stay focused on protecting our Doll Tribe and ourselves from the upcoming flu season, cold and covid-19 season.
We just covered Fall Fashion trends on the latest episode of Doll Talk Podcast. Click here to listen or select your favorite platform to listen on below: