Spring has sprung – and the Dolls are ready to to put their best face forward. When social distancing first went into effect, the two best friends looked at each other (via Facetime), put down their snacks, and picked up their beauty routines right where they left off. The first rule of kindness is to be kind to yourself and now is the time to fall in love self- care. After all, YOU are your longest commitment. Keep reading for how Caitlin and Danielle are avoiding the COVID 15 and adding to their beauty regimes.
That’s exactly how it happened… we were video chatting about snacks and booze when we simply decided – it doesn’t have to be this way. YES – our lives have been turned upside down. YES – we miss each other like crazy. And YES – we find comfort in yummy food. Want to know what else we find comfort in? Working on becoming our best selves. So what did we do? We challenged each other to eat healthy, drink a gallon of water every day, sign up for daily ZOOM workouts and spruce up our beauty routines with new products from Images Med Spa.
We worked with Gia at Images Med Spa to each select three premium products to use during quarantine. You can order all of these straight from their website by clicking here.
- Papaya Enzyme Cleanser from Revision. This cleanser will gently lift impurities from the skin, gently polish away dead skin cells and nourish the skin with vitamins and minerals.
- Revitalize Mask from PCA Skin. This mask is a Therapeutic Papaya Mask will exfoliate and brighten dull skin removing dead skin cell build up. The 3 key benefits: Exfoliates and brightens dull skin, the mask is combined with exfoliating enzymes and moisturizing antioxidants to soften and hydrate skin leaving a health glow, and its for all skin types. After washing your face, apply the mask in a thin even layer and leave no more than 3 -4 minutes. rinse thoroughly.
- Revison’s Vitamin C + Correcting Complex: The main benefits: Brightens and even skin tone due to sun damage, supports the skins production of glutathione, improves fine lines, and defends and corrects the skin damaging effects of free radicals generated urban dust and BLUE LIGHT… really focus on this because now that we are home and look at our screens more, Blue light is a another UV light that damages our skin breaking it down.
- Detox Mask from PCA Skin: This mask is ideal for break out prone skin. Its designed to absorb oil and impurities, treat current and reduce future breakouts while minimizing the appearance of pores. After cleansing your skin, apply this mask in a thin even layer and leave on one minute after it is completely dry then remove with a damp wash cloth.
- Intensive Brightening Treatment from PCA Skin:This is a 0.5% retinol treatment that is formulated to reduce discoloration due to acne scaring and sun damage. Key Benefits: creates an eve skin tone for a bright and radiant complexion. Use this product two nights in a row to start for the first two weeks only using a pea size amount for the full face. The week 3 you can use 3 nights in a row for 2 weeks.
- Hyaluroic Acid Boosting Serum from PCA Skin: This product will plump and firm the skin through increasing hydration at a deep level. This product can be used over your Insensitive Brightening Retinol. On the nights you are not using your retinol apply after washing your face.
If you aren’t already a patron of the AMAZING Images Med Spa, you can schedule a ZOOM consultation with one of their estheticians. How amazing is that?! We love that we were able to get professional advise on our skincare routines so that we can emerge as beautiful butterflies when it’s finally time to leave the house again!
PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
We’re also upping our haircare routine with new products. We are loving the brand Olaplex, created by two of the top PhD’s in chemistry and materials science. Their products feature first-of-their-kind, patented, bond-building technology, which relinks the broken disulfide bonds caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage to the hair. This formula is made to work with every hair type, providing real, structural repair that works from within. Here are the products we are using:
- Hair Perfector No. 3 – This hair mask is a concentrated treatment that strengthens the hair from within, reducing breakage and improving its look and feel. It’s not a conditioner, it’s an at-home treatment that contains the same active ingredient found in all professional Olaplex products.
- No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo – A highly moisturizing, reparative shampoo that leaves hair easy to manage, shiny, and healthier with each use. This shampoo repairs and protects hair from everyday stresses—including damaged hair, split ends, and frizz—by re-linking broken bonds. No.4 is color-safe and proven to reduce breakage and strengthen all types of hair.
- No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner – A highly-moisturizing, reparative conditioner that protects and repairs damaged hair, split ends, and frizz by re-linking broken bonds. The No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner is for all hair types and leaves hair easy to manage, shiny, and healthier with each use. It is color-safe, leaves hair stronger than ever, and benefits all hair types and textures.
- No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme – A leave-in reparative styling cream that eliminates frizz, hydrates, and protects all hair types. This concentrated leave-in smoothing cream is excellent for all hair types—including colored and chemically-treated hair. No. 6 strengthens, hydrates, moisturizes, and speeds up blow dry times while smoothing and eliminating frizz for up to 72 hours.
- No. 7 Bonding Oil – A first-of-its-kind, highly concentrated, ultra-lightweight, reparative styling oil. Olaplex No. 7 repairs, strengthens, and hydrates all hair types. It dramatically increases shine, softness, and color vibrancy, while minimizing flyaways and heat protection up to 450°F/ 230°C. It works on all hair types and textures.
In our eyes, every Doll is beautiful, bold and sexy, and if you add some self care you will feel all those ways too. Taking care of our minds and bodies every day will ultimately lead us to become the best version of ourselves. Find a balanced routine that’s tight for you. We recommend practicing yoga, treating yourself to an at-home facial, try incorporating celery juice, and finding a gym that keeps you motivated.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay beautiful! You can listen to the Doll Talk Podcast about Pandemic Pals by clicking here. Or Search “Doll Talk” in itunes, google podcasts or on spotify!
I love your outfits!
My skin needs a major fixing after the winter!
Fantastic tips thanks for sharing.
Way to use this time to make some positive changes in your life. Also, I love both of your dresses! So cheerful 🙂
This is amazing!!! I super love the styles, very Springy indeed.
those outfits are so gorgeous! Slaying it. You both are so pretty!
world in eyes says
great tips… your saying are really true….. everyone’s skin need glow after winter ……. great blog
I know this post is about beauty tips, which was fantastic by the way, but I love those dresses! Where did you get them? I want to buy one!
Thank you! These are from The Red Carpet Boutique in Chicago!
Melissa Jacobs says
Thanks for the tips. Self-care is so important, especially right now. Stay safe.
Totally agree! Sending you virtual hugs.
I love your post! This reminds all women that we should never stop wanting to look pretty and gorgeous just because we are stuck at home.
Yes! Glam at home is our new thing.
The two dresses are cute! I love them. It is good to keep ourselves busy at this lock down time. Everything will go back to normal some day. Thank you for sharing.
Eunis Ann Campijiyos says
I love your outfits. Thanks for the tips, winter is really into my bucket list since im in a tropical country
Loving your dresses! Thank you for the tips and Olaplex is a MUST in my house as well!
Olaplex has been a game changer for us!
Those dresses are really beautiful, perfect for a party,a girl’s night or a night out.
Lush Fab Glam says
Such a great outlook to have and smart way to get through this period, cheering you on with your healthier lifestyle routines.
Thank you, cheerleader!