There are several points in our world when life can feel a tad overwhelming. Whether you’re starting a new job, constantly traveling, going through a breakup, planning a wedding, moving to a new city, working on your physical being, or challenging your spiritual being… change is a constant. The Dolls believe that there is a higher power that will ultimately guide them through these changes. Caitlin and Danielle have learned to take a moment and “just breath” through the process.
In yoga, the practice of breath is called pranayama. This literally translates to “life force”. By harnessing this practice, you can help yourself reduce anxiety, increase mental clarity and relax. Keep reading for a few of our go-to practices.
Caitlin and Danielle are wearing the cutest bride tribe yoga sets from Onzie. How cute is this little detailing on the leg? With the wedding less than a week away, some yoga, breath-work and quality girl time is definitely needed!
We were lucky enough to meet up with one of our favorite photographers and gal pals in Cali. THANK YOU to the beautiful and talented Crystal Nicole for taking such gorgeous photos at Venice Beach.
Alternate Nostril Breathing
This breathing exercise is one of our favorites, but it can be a tad difficult to get used to! It requires focus and discipline, which can also be translated to your own life once ignited.
- Place your right middle and pointer fingers in the palm of your hand leaving just your thumb, ring finger and pinkie free.
- Take your right thumb over your right nostril and deeply inhale through the left nostril.
- Now, take your ring finger and place it over your left nostril to exhale through the right nostril.
- Next leave your hand as it is and inhale through the left nostril, then switch, placing your thumb over your right nostril and exhaling through the left nostril.
Repeat this process several times until the breathing exercise leaves your mind clear and calm.
Three Part Breathing
This slow, smooth process is super relaxing and can help slow things down when the world seams to be moving fast. Three Part Breathing calms the mind and soothes the muscles and can help with insomnia, anxiety, stress, and frustrating situations.
- Lay down in a comfortable position.
- Place one hand on your heart and the other on your navel.
- Inhale into your chest then your upper abdomen, and finally puff your belly out like a balloon.
- Slowly release the breath in the same way, smoothly exhaling the air from your belly, then your upper abdomen, then your chest.
What are your favorite ways to welcome change? Tell us in the comments!