Caitlin and Dani are loving their new roles as Teddy’s Mom and Auntie. Time has flown and a baptism fit for the little Prince made its way to the top of their agenda. Keep reading for some local recommendations in the Western Suburbs for your next indoor get-together.
Cait Doll here! When it comes to family values and faith – it’s important to me that we stick to tradition. We chose the name Theodore because of it’s meaning “Gift from God” – and our baby bestie really is. Teddy has brought so much joy to our family when we needed it most (read more here). His baptism needed to be a true celebration.
We had an small ceremony at the church with family and close friends. Teddy wore a Christening gown that has been in my family for generations. It felt really special to have him wear the same garment that I wore, along with my brothers, my mom, aunts, uncles and my grandmother. He did SO well at the ceremony! He loves attention, so when Father Dan spoke directly to him, our little boy lit up! When it came time to pouring holy water over his head… no problem. Teddy giggled and again he brought us all so much joy.
After the party it’s the after party. We headed back to our home in Glen Ellyn to keep the celebration going. It was important to me that we supported some local businesses that are just to Doll for. We highly recommend all of these vendors for your next get-together, whatever the occasion!
- Balloons: We worked with Vanessa from Confetti Wish for a beautiful balloon arch that stole the show. Our little nephew adored it AND the adults loved taking photos in front of it. We actually kept this up for about 3 weeks after the event because it was still looking fab. Vanessa helped up come up with a design that felt appropriate for a Christening and even added white roses, greens and baby’s breath. We also worked with Vanessa on my Bridgerton Baby Shower (click here).
- Cake: This gorgeous cake is just as delicious as it is beautiful. Vanilla Sugar Bakery is located in downtown Glen Ellyn and we will be going back for our next special occasion!
- Charcuterie: Marché in downtown Glen Ellyn is known for their cheese and charcuterie, and from the photos we bet you can see why! The Great Party Board (click here) was a show stopper and a crowd pleaser. We are looking forward to trying their in-home chef services too. You read that right… click here for all the info.
- Wine: We selected a Red, White and Rosé from Marcels to complement our charcuterie board
- Beer: Coors Light
- Seltzer Water: LaCroix
- Wine Spritzers: Coastal is perfect for a daytime event (click here)
- Berries, Carved Ham, Pinwheels, Shrimp: I picked up these few supplemental items from Costco. They are tried and true favorites that simply need to be replated for presentation.
Another successful Doll event in the books, we can’t wait to plan our next soiree!