This post featuring the Unicorn Blowout Tutorial is sponsored by TRESemmé, a product of Unilever, as a part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
You probably know by now that these Dolls like to challenge the norm, and we’re rewriting the rules on the typical blow dry with this magical unicorn twist. If you’re looking to achieve a voluminous blow out in the comfort of your home AND you love mystical creatures, this hair tutorial is for you. You can achieve a full-volume look that you can run your fingers through in just ten minutes.
TRESemmé’s new Beauty-Full Volume Collection revolutionizes the way we care for our hair by reversing the hair-washing process we’ve used all our lives. Here’s what you’ll need to re-create the Unicorn Blow-dry, and it’s in order of how to be used.
This product is an awesome way to reverse your routine. Seriously, use the conditioner first – it reinforces the hair’s nature protective layer using a special technology and leaves your tresses smooth and polished. Next, wash away any weight created by the conditioner to remove and weight and add amazing bounce.
TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer
Use this mainly on your ends, some on your crown isn’t a big deal. This product is amazing for maintaining bounce and smoothness.
TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Touchable Bounce Mousse
Apply this mainly on your crown to help create a root lift and light hold – your hair will still be smooth enough to still run your fingers through.
TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Flexible Finish Hairspray
This spray will be used to complete your style, relax any flyaways, and keep your hairstyle bouncing all day and night. The Dolls love this product because it holds without the stickiness of other hairsprays.
- Blow Dryer
- Round brush – size of your choice
- Elastic hair bands – they don’t leave a crease
5 Steps for a Magical Blow Out:
- After you’ve conditioned then washed and applied product in the order we’ve listed above, use a large round brush to blowdry your hair starting with sections that frame your face.
- After the first section is dry, tie it off at the top of your hairline with an elastic, mirroring a unicorn horn.
- Repeat section by section until every strand is secure to the top of your head. You can use multiple elastics if that works best for you, we’ve tried to do the whole style with just one and it’s always best to use multiple, maybe three for top of crown, middle and lower level hair.
- After the style is complete take out all the elastics. By using this unicorn method, you will create an amazing amount of volume with gorgeous texture to your ends without using any other heat styling tools, curlers or rollers.
- Strike a pose.
There’s just something about spending the start of your day as a mystical unicorn that keeps you happy all day long.
Even Chrissy Teigen loves to reverse her hair routine!