As summer 2022 moves closer to an end and the season starts to change, The Dolls continue to dream about warmer days… And that’s by getting out of town and heading South to St. Petersburg, Florida.
St. Petersburg, Florida is a chill beach town located about 30 minutes outside of Tampa on the Gulf side of the state. It is known as the “Sunshine City,” because this paradise is known for having 361 days of sunshine most years. Which makes for perfect beach days and breathtaking sunsets!
Dani and MG head down to their Getaway Pad early fall and stay until things start heating back up in Chicago, usually early summer. They typically pop back to Chicago for one week of every month for work. Caitlin and fam come down for a stay whenever she wants!
A few of our favorites:
1) Shoreline Sugars: You can find the Dolls in this boutique once a week shopping their latest drops. And when they can’t make it in store, we always shop online!
Address: 649 Central Ave – St. Pete, FL 33701
2) The Don Cesar: Located on the stunning St. Pete Beach is a Spa/ Resort like no other! This hotel became famous for becoming a hot spot in 1928 for America’s elite during the Golden Age of Jazz. We love the overall aesthetic of this hotel, did we mention it’s PINK!! Dani loves to spend time in the spa getting pampered or eating lunch by the pool that overlooks the beach.
Address: 3400 Gulf Blvd – St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
3) The Scenery: Driving from the beach side of town (where we live) to the Downtown of St. Pete is such a unique drive. As you make your way to the “main drag” of Central Ave you pass through an array of areas that all encompass their own charm. We would describe Central Ave as a log street with mini versions of most Chicago neighborhoods. It’s like driving through Wicker Park, Boys town, West Loop, River North and ending up near the water in a spot that feels like The Gold Coast.
4) St. Pete Beach: Named one of the best beaches in the nation, it really does live up to the hype. The sand is white and soft, the water is crystal blue, pleasant water temperatures and great for a stroll or to lay out all day.
Address: St. Pete Beach FL, 33706
5) The Locals: We’ve met some great friends in our beach oasis … One of our Blogger friends Destiny is super inspiring. She has created posts about St. Petersburg and surrounding areas that are a must read!! Here is a link to learn everything to do while visiting: CLICK HERE