The sparkle each Doll brings to their friendship is what makes it so special. Caitlin and Danielle thrive on the adventures they experience together, the life lessons learned, and their endless conversations. The importance of friendship has become the epicenter of this very blog. Keep reading for their Doll Friendship Code and more.
Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love” ~ Mandy Hale
We love to say that our friends are the family that we get to choose. In fact, we have a whole podcast on this topic! Listen to Doll Talk by clicking here.
Caitlin and Danielle are wearing Kate Spade sunglasses, dresses by For Love and Lemons, and Tory Burch wedges.
We define a friend in so many ways….
- Someone we can go on adventures with! Shared experiences are very important to us both. One of first blog posts was about the last summer in our twenties when we challenged each other to say yes to adventure… We like to refer to this time as the Summer of Yes.
- Someone we trust. We value the trust we have with each other because we know that we both genuinely have each other’s best interest at heart. We can trust each other with personal feelings and information. We can also be our silliest with each other… no judgement zone!
- Someone who is loyal. We can count on each other to be there for each other 100% and to stand up for one another if and when needed.
- Someone that we share mutual respect with. We may have our differences, but we respect and embrace that about one another. Sometimes another perspective is all we need to really see things clearly.
Special thanks to our dear friend Nat G MVP for capturing these photos.
All Right… we admit it. We’ve been in one real fight. This is probably the number one question we get… but the truth is, we worked past our one fight and deciphered a Doll Code that has kept our bond strong.
- It’s nice to be nice. Malicious gossiping not OK. We have built trust with each other by staying away from any harmful gossip.
- Communication + compromise are a match made in heaven. All healthy relationships take a bit of work. We try our hardest to be open and honest with each other. Trust us, it’s worth it!
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T. We hear each other out and respect each other’s life choices without judgement.
- Growing Pains – we might be in different places in our lives… and guess what, that’s ok! When this is the case, we make a valiant effort to be supportive. To us – our friendship is SO worth it.
We have really missed each other during the #StayHome orders, and have chosen each other as our Pandemic Pal. Even though we check in with each other virtually, we have been coming up with creative ways to get creative with shelter in place. Since we are already on the same page with FaceTime and Zoom, here are some more ideas for you and your bestie:
- The tailgate meetup – Drive to a central location and tailgate while keeping your distance! Pack a cooler with your favorite snacks and beverages and chill.
- Social distancing walk – We love a good long walk, the conversations are the BEST. So many topics. Wear some comfortable shoes and adventure in the city or a beautiful park or field.
- Get active! Roller blading is making a big comeback and we are all about it. Burn some calories and have fun wheeling around together. Bike rides are another great option. We can already feel the wind in our hair.
- Send each other care packages. Who doesn’t love presents? There are some great options available on Amazon, like slippers (these are our new favorite). Send a package to your bestie and one to yourself and have a virtual unboxing. Trust us, this is fun. This is a great option for friends in different states.
Tune into our latest episode of the Doll Talk Podcast for even more on the importance of Friendship. Listen by clicking here.