The Dolls have spent the past nine months waiting for their Baby Bestie. While Cait’s belly grew, the Dollhouse never slowed down… and with that came photoshoots, video filming and podcast tapings galore. Keep reading for Cait’s tips on staying glam throughout pregnancy.
Cait Doll here! It feels like I blinked and the past nine months passed by… I was NOT expecting that. Honestly, I didn’t expect to enjoy pregnancy this much (even with my GDM diagnosis). I didn’t expect to embrace my body as it grew, but here we are.. at my maternity photoshoot!
Over the past nine months, I completely changed my skincare and beauty routine to protect the growing life inside me. Goodbye botox, goodbye chemicals. Hello all-natural goodness. I was SO pleasantly surprised to fall in love with several products that will remain on my vanity after birth.
Let’s get right into it: Pregnancy Skincare. These are the top products that I tested, tried and loved. For me, collagen was a key ingredient to keeping my skin clear and glowing. Dani has tried these products as well and we are both big fans! Pregnant or not, these are Doll – approved!
Click through below and shop all of my favorites (including my favorite belly moiturizers):
Now onto services. Pregnancy did not stop me from visiting my glam squad! They made me feel like a goddess over and over again these past months. Here are my go-to treatments and places:
- Facials: Finding an esthetician and a med spa that you trust is such a great resource. These professionals can look at your skin and customize prenatal treatments just for you. I like have loved Microneedling to increase microneedling and minimize fine lines. I also love a custom hydrafacial to clear my skin and relax. I trust ElevareMD with my skin – and that’s saying a lot when your life is constantly filmed!
- Hair: I found Yvette at just the right time. A previous stylist had damaged my hair and I was beyond bummed – I mean part of being pregnant is supposed to be growing luscious locks! And mine was breaking like crazy. Yvette fixed my color and hooked me up with Natural Beaded Row Extensions for an added wow factor. I have been loving this style of extensions – so easy to manage and they blend seamlessly with my natural hair.
- Lashes: I’ve been getting Lash extensions from Bare All Beauty in Glen Ellyn. The extra zhuzh makes me feel glam from the minute I wake up… Mamas, this is so worth it! Use discount code DOLLHOUSE15 for 15% off.
- Massages: Life can be stressful, and a little prenatal massage can make a world of difference. I went to Zazú Salon and Spa in Hinsdale when I needed a relaxation treat. The 60 (or 90) minute prenatal massage is life changing.
- Spray Tan: Talk about pregnancy glow! Nicole from GloUpChicago gives me a flawless spray tan… I always feel so confident with a little bronze… especially for a photoshoot. She has a location in Oak Brook or will travel to you! Click here to book your appointment.
- Waxes: Dani and I have both been getting our waxes from Bare All Beauty in Glen Ellyn. When you can’t see past your belly, this is a must. We go to Maddie – she’s the best. Use discount code DOLLHOUSE15 for 15% off.
A maternity photoshoot was a way to document this special moment in time.. my first pregnancy. We worked with Alicia’s Photography in the Western Suburbs and cannot say enough great things about our experience. Alicia’s work is beautiful – SO editorial! She is professional yet fun, makes you feel comfortable and downright glamorous. PRO TIP: Bring your best friend to the photoshoot! First of all, Dani and I had a blast together. Secondly, your best friend will make you shine your brightest… fluff your hair, tell you when to change your lipstick, all the things.
Dani and I have always believed that beauty comes from within – and we work hard to glow from the inside out. Throughout my pregnancy, I’ve been actively working out and that’s kept my energy up with endorphins flowing. We got a Peleton at the beginning of my pregnancy and it was such a blessing. One of the instructors, Robin Arzón was pregnant at the same time and put together a whole prenatal series. Dani and I also love Resistance Chicago (use code DOLLHOUSE for a free class) and Studio Three. My doctors have encouraged me to workout throughout my pregnancy, because it was already part of my routine and helped my blood sugar levels. Make sure you talk to your doctor, listen to your body and do what is best for you!