Teddy mastered his first year, and the Dolls put together a birthday par-tee to celebrate. Keep reading for all the details on The Masters theme… it was a hole-in-one!
For the décor we envisioned a sweet pale yellow and a bold Masters theme. We carried this vision from the invitations throughout the main event. You already know we pulled out all the stops for our baby bestie.
We’ll spill the deets on our first WOW moment of the party. The gorgeous balloon décor was done by our Doll at Confetti Wish. We’ve worked with Vanessa countless times and she’s our go-to. Our Marquee Letters were created by the one and only – Alpha Lit Chicago (Follow on Instagram for inspo and make an inquiry on the website). Only appropriate to include since we first worked together for the pregnancy announcement!
We put in a lot of time and care to planning each little detail… but for party time we are all about living in the moment. We joked waking up that day felt like Christmas morning – so excited to see all our friends and family. We planned a menu that we knew all our guests would love! Printing out the signage and placing it with each section helps elevate the look and feel of the party… we also couldn’t resist coming up with these fun little names for everything.
We worked with Toni Patisserie on the sweetest custom desserts! Look at how beautiful and creative they are. SWOON. The smash cake was a white cake with vanilla buttercream filling and fondant finish. For our guests we opted for bite-sized goodies. 18 vanilla cake pops, 12 chocolate cupcakes, 12 red velvet cupcakes and 15 cookies. Since we knew these would be such a show-stopper we decided to create a dessert table. We found this checked tablecloth online and included a poster of Teddy’s milestones. We used our Mackenzie Childs serving platters and thought they were perfectly reminiscent of Augusta’s azaleas.
The charcuterie board and veggie tray (ahem manicured greens) were SO perfect. Again, something for everyone. They also looked divine. Boards by Kelly delivered these before the party.
Our Pro Tips to enjoying the party
- Finish set up as early as you can
- Doll yourself up, be dressed and ready one hour before the party starts
- Take photos before the party so you don’t forget
- Order PIZZA! Everyone loves pizza, it’s iconic, and it gets delivered hot during the party. We went with our Chi-town favorite Lou Malnati’s. They also have gluten-free options for your guests.
- Say no to dishes. We did disposable plates, silverware and cups.
Capture the memories! We did a photo booth and it was THE. BEST. DECISION! Everyone loved snapping a pic or creating boomerangs. Sweet Pea Photo Booth was unbelievable to work with. We even got to customize the start screen and the frame! Can it get any cuter?!
Complete vendor list
- Balloon Décor: Confetti Wish
- Marquee Letters: Alpha Lit Chicago (Follow on Instagram for inspo and make an inquiry on the website)
- Sweets Table: Toni Patisserie created custom confections! The smash cake, cupcakes, cake pops and cookies were just as delicious as they were beautiful. (Check out the website and follow on Instagram)
- Charcuterie & Veggie Trays: Boards by Kelly (Follow on Instagram and place your order here)
- Photo Booth: Sweet Pea Photo Booth (Follow on Instagram and visit the website)
- Pizza: Lou Malnati’s (download the app)
- Custom Masters Chips: Etsy (order here)
- Flowers: Yellow Tulips, Yellow Roses and Baby’s Breath (all purchased from Costco and arranged ourselves)
- Green and white check tablecloth: found on Amazon (shop here)
- Serving trays: Mackenzie Childs (shop here)
- Teddy’s golf outfit: Smocked Auctions (shop here)
- ONE crown: Etsy (shop here)
- Cait & Dani outfits are all linked when you CLICK HERE
That was so fun! Highly reccomend this theme for a bday party. Everyone absolutely loved it.