There’s nothing quite like a little holiday cheer to power you through this busy season. From bake-athons to the flurry of events and all the shopping in-between… The Dolls adore the happy vibe. While it’s plenty of fun to make it REIN gifts for your loved ones, there is more to this holiday tradition than meets the eye. The art of gifting is so much more than just the physical exchange of things — it’s a way to express your love and gratitude to the recipient. When you put some thought into it and choose a meaningful present, the gift becomes a wish for someone’s happiness.
Giving the perfect present takes a little perceptiveness and creativity. When you include a certain attention to detail, it lets your recipient know how much you care. Now we have the warm and fuzzies! Grab a cup of hot cocoa, and get ready for some of our favorite gift ideas below.
FOR YOUR FESTY BESTY
Gift-giving for your besty is so fun and one of the easiest on our lists! A gift that brings back a certain memory is so thoughtful. Some of our favorite memories include saying YES to adventure or an enchanted forest. If there is a festival-goer on your list this year, shop some of our go-to items below.
Danielle is wearing:
- Perfect Fit Mini Shorts – Cirebon USE CODE DOLL15 FOR A DISCOUNT! These shorts take us from yoga class to dance parties.
- Time Traveler Backpack – Chromedelic (on sale!) This backpack is so fun and is our go-to for light travel. The inscription on the pocket says “Have a nice trip!”
- Wedge fringe boots (similar)
Caitlin is wearing:
- Perfect Fit Mini Shorts – Kushutara USE CODE DOLL15 FOR A DISCOUNT! We love little shorts to power through one of our favorite winter traditions – hot yoga!
- Time Traveler Backpack – Bubblegum (on sale!) This perfectly pink ‘pack is fun for a girl on the go.
- Over-the-knee fringe boots
FOR THE LITTLEST STAR
The littlist star shines the brightest. If there’s a newborn on your gifting list this year – he or she has already stolen the show! We’re head over heels for a certain little lady this year. Here are some of our favorite total DOLL baby must have’s.
- Brooklyn Owl Unicorn Horn – We didn’t think it was possible for this little angel to be any more majestic… until we added a sparkly unicorn horn!
- Total Doll Baby onesie – email email@example.com to order yours!
- Perfectly Plush Pink Unicorn – This cuddly little friend will warm up any crib.
- Flower Power Pink Hat – This warm hat adds a touch of sparkle!
- Ballerina Playsuit – For all of the pretty ballerinas in the making, we love this playsuit from Rockin’ Baby. Their childrenswear, accessories, and babycarriers are made in the USA with fairly and sustainably sourced fabrics. Rockin’ Baby’s “You Buy. We Give.” model gives back to ChildFund and other non-profit organizations around the world, donating one well-made product for each one sold!
- Babytime! Snuggly Lotion – Avocado, flax seeds, blueberries and wild cherries sound like a topping for an epicurean salad. While you could eat these super foods and feed your skin from the inside out, what you actually need to be doing to achieve baby soft skin is rubbing this mix on your body. Snuggly Lotion by Babytime is a non-greasy formula that is allergy tested and designed to boost skin immunity while softening and conditioning. Babytime is unlike any other lotion. Not only is it safe and gentle enough to use on premature infants and a number one choice in hospitals for babies, it is powerful enough to treat skin that is over 100 years old.
- Rockin Baby Navy Floral Snowsuit (on sale!) – This down-filled snowsuit could not be any cuter or more convenient. The double zipper allows for easy dressing and the footies detach for toesie wiggling once indoors. We just love the model for this company. For each Rockin’ Baby sling or childrenswear item you buy, the brand makes a donation to a mother or child in need.
FOR YOUR GUY
We tend to think that the men in our lives are always the hardest to buy for, but this season something really stuck a cord. There are some really fun and unique ideas out there!
Clinique Great Skin for Him Set – There’s a science to looking good. Start with the shave: Face Scrub preps skin and Aloe Shave Gel cushions beard, helps calm razor burn. Then gently cleanse with Face Wash and moisturize with the all-day hydration and protection of Broad Spectrum SPF 21 Moisturizer – lightweight, absorbs quickly.
Rituals products, like this musky candle and shave repair, were derived from the ancient Japanese Samurai warriors who paid great attention to their personal appearance. Their careful grooming traditions were aimed at creating an appearance that builds power, control and confidence to support their battles and challenges. Inspired by these warriors, gift the Samurai collection this holiday season for the men that will help you face the challenges of everyday life by being groomed to perfection.
Alcala’s Boutique in West Town makes the coolest tooled card holders, wallets and ipad cases in an array of colors. The leather is so soft too! Join us for a shopping party this Saturday and you’ll even get 20% off.
These boots were made for lookin’ good. When Caterpillar boots first stepped on the scene, the Dolls couldn’t get over the seamless combination of function & fashion. The Abe Canvas Boot is the quintessential shoe for our beloved Chicago men. Lean, laced up and ready to be broke in, this style is the definition of rugged and feels most at home out on the road. Handsome leathers and rough canvas mix for a striking, handcrafted look.
Every man loves a new watch, but with so many on the market it can be tough to pinpoint an on-trend timepiece that can be worn with everything from a cosy sweater and relaxed jeans to a dashing suit. Original Grain Watch Co. has infiltrated the market of wood and steal watches. We must commend the craftsmanship that goes into each contemporary piece. It’s rare to come across an upcycled work of art that is so sophisticated and gives back to the environment. That’s right – for each watch sold, the company plants ten trees!
The Classic – Made to fit the modern gentleman. The classic design features hand-crafted wood bezel & links. Designed to never go out of style – we’re picturing the rosewood and black worn with a flannel shirt and tweed sport coat. The Alterra – Designed to withstand the thrill of adventure, the Alterra (short for ‘All-Terrain’) Chronograph is your go to watch for style and functionality. The detailing of this watch is so swoon-worthy, and while it’s designed for epic adventures we’re envisioning the zebra wood and gold timepiece James Bond style… in a custom suit.
The Barrel – Built to last. True to its design. The Barrel’s 47mm face and inlaid case embodies the same bold characteristics as the whiskey barrels that inspired it. This is a statement piece – and we can picture our guys pouring a glass of scotch and settling by the fire in a cosy sweater and this watch in rose gold.
The Minimalist – This timeless silhouette combined with the world’s thinnest wooden bezel is simple yet extravagant. The perfect watch for every occasion. This style is sleek and sexy and we love to see in paired with the basics.
FOR THE HOSTESS
There’s always the hostess with the mostess – the gal who has it all! Since we love to entertain at the Dollhouse, especially at the holidays, we have some fun, creative ideas for you.
A sign of welcome during the holidays is a beautiful wreath – and a custom wreath for your hostess friends is holiday chic. We transformed an old wreath with a super easy DIY. All it takes is a little spray paint and love. We used Rustoleum’s Pearl Metallic Champagne Pink Spray Paint + Rustoleum Pink Glitter Spray Paint to transform an ordinary wreath into a whimsical winter wonderland. Just take the wreath outside to spray away & dry and then add your own little pieces of whimsy!
- Clever Doormat – Good friends bring wine (best friends drink it with you). Made from coir, these doormats have top-quality ink to ensure the imprint won’t erode and PVC backing to prevent it from sliding out of place.
- One Hope Wine – The glitter that gives! Every glitter edition celebration set helps provide 25 meals to a child in need. This is a pop of bubbly we can all feel good about!
- Agate Gilded Coasters – These our a great gift and one to go straight to display upon opening. No water marks here!
- Unicorn Wine Holder – This thirsty little unicorn is a fun and easy gift (thank you Amazon Prime) that will put a smile on every hostess’s face.
FOR YOUR FIT PAL
- Essential Yoga Pants – A must-have style for yoga class, this classic stretch legging is set apart with a core-supporting banded waist that can be worn up or folded down to flatter your figure. Add a trend-forward touch with a pop of pattern, or get a classic look with always-chic jet-black (a style staple). USE CODE DOLL15 FOR A DISCOUNT!
- Strappy Racerback Tank -A streamlined favorite that moves as you do, our form-fitting tank features skinny straps, a racerback design, and a low open back to keep you cool, no matter what your pose. A built-in bra provides support, while flat seams flatter your figure. USE CODE DOLL15 FOR A DISCOUNT!
- Wraps Headphones – These wearable wristband headphones feature 10mm titanium speakers and noise-cancelling technology. This is the first product of its kind to be worn around the wrist as an accessory- then popped in your ears when you’re ready to rock out at the gym, listen to an audiobook on the way to class, or enjoy your favorite podcast.
- New Balance Kicks – The Dolls recently visited New Balance Chicago for a custom fit analysis and a new pair of kicks to bring in the New Year. Did you know that all five locations in Chicago are a local, family-owned business? The fit analysis helped us pick the best pair for our unique feet. The fit is so important! This can change your whole workout routine, and it’s free. The staff was very friendly and more knowledgable than we expected. Enter here to win a free pair of shoes for yourself!
FOR TOTAL DOLLS EVERYWHERE
We know a Doll or two that loves to get DOLLED UP! We can’t help but keep our eyes peeled, our lashes long and our eyebrows on fleek for fun, little gifts to gift our gals. We love filling up our Joanna Buchanan luxe stockings with pretty little goodies.
Vendome Beaute is this holiday season’s perfect stocking stuffer with a botanical-infused color line that goes on velvety smooth. The Parisian inspired eyeshadows are highly pigmented and finely milled to give an all-around luxurious look and feel. The shadows come in 33 striking hues, that allow you to mix and match colors to create a gift that is tailored to your best Dolls.
Robin McGraw’s Me O’ My Collection is full of whimsical little everyday essentials to help make the ordinary extraordinary! The Me O’ My line brings to life the simple idea of taking the things you use most in life and turning up the fun. The collection includes Nosey Cozy Pocket Tissues, Handy Candy Hand Wipes, Kissy Permissy Breath Mints, Lippy Lovey Heart-Shaped Lip Balm and Chickee Chew Bubble Gum.
- Lauren B. Beauty – These nail colors are cruelty-free, and vegan-friendly polishes into the stocking of the ultimate mani addict!
- PUR Cosmetics Joystick Exfoliating Deep Pore Cleanser – Get a smoother, brighter and healthier-looking complexion this winter with this exfoliating deep-pore cleansing stick. This all-in-one cleanser, exfoliator and toner foams on contact to instantly draw out dirt, oil and impurities with charcoal and Moroccan Lava Clay. In a cute and convenient travel size, pop this stick into your loved ones stockings and bring them some joy!
- Prima by Avon speaks to the style lover who appreciates fashion’s ongoing love affair with classical ballet. With lush top notes of plum, a pinch of sweetness with a hint of tangy bergamot, a rich heart of intoxicating rose, and the woodsy notes of clearwood, oak moss, and patchouli leaves a poetically warm and graceful finish on the skin this holiday season.
Items within this post were gifted for review. All opinions are our own.
Photos of Caitlin and Danielle were taken by our talented bearded photographer, Josiah Thorngate.