Caitlin and Danielle kicked off this year’s holiday festivities with the Dollhouse’s third annual Friendsgiving. This non-traditional excuse to eat, drink and be sparkly with close friends has become a favorite way to celebrate one another! There is a lot to be thankful for this year, after all… A milestone on Instagram, wonderful fashionable and foodie friends, making strides against breast cancer, planning a wedding, and investing in ourselves. To celebrate such a magical year, there was just one phenomenal venue in Chicago’s gorgeous Gold Coast we had in mind… The Allium Restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago was our dream venue. And if there’s one thing we have learned this year, dreams do come true.
Friendsgiving is a fun and unique way to bring your tribe together before the actual Thanksgiving Holiday. When you’re throwing a friend fête, remember… “There are no rules!” Invite your nearest and dearest and have fun with every party element.
Our day started with appropriately by getting dolled up at our favorite beauty and hair destination in Chicago – Salon 833 (follow them on Instagram for all of your hair inspo). The owner, Lisa, and in-house makeup maven, Cerissa, glammed us with fresh color, curly locks and to-Doll-for primping.
The table was set with gorgeous blooms from the best in the biz, Platinum Events and Crazy Beautiful wines would be flowing appropriately. At this point in the Doll journey, it should be no surprise that one of our favorite places to connect with loved ones is over food and drink… with more food and drink and another side of food and drink. Executive Chef, Sean Murray, provided everyone with just that. Chef Sean WOWed us with twists on traditional favorites and new Friendsgiving favorites.
Food photography by Alex Shebar. Follow him on Instagram!
- Seafood Tower
- Root Vegetable & Wheat Berry Salad with Pine Nuts, Arugula, Pecorino, Pomegranate
- Baby Gem Lettuces, Green Apples, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Brussels Sprouts, Maple Bacon, Pecans
- Broccoli & Kale, Miso, Aged Cheddar
- Gnocchi, Mushrooms, Pearl Onions, Brown Butter Hazelnuts
- Braised Lamb Shank, Mustard Greens, Power Grains
- King Salmon, Black Truffle, Cauliflower, Pickled Sultanas
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Caramelized Apple Cheesecake
- Maple Macarons
The Guest List
- @AlexShebar Yelp’s Chicago Manager – Living to eat
- @alliesfashionalley Chicago blogger + digital strategist
- @CaitPatton 20-something life & more
- @InspiringKitchen Recipe Developer, Housewares Expert, Kitchen designer, Traveler, Restaurant Promoter
- @JulzChez Chicago blogger and lover of love, high heels, handstands, and all things happy and sparkly.
- @RedSolesRedWine Fashion, Style & Travel Blogger and CEO of T&J Designs
- @Reeemxo Chicago fashion influencer
- @Sherriesavorsthecity Pastry Chef by day and Gourmand by night
- @thebrazengourmand Restaurant Photographer documenting Life in Chicagoland
- @WindyCityCosmo Cocktails & Connections
Lately, we just can’t get enough of the Four Seasons. This historic building is just steps from the lively Magnificent Mile and provides the Dolls with a place that feels like home. Four Seasons Chicago is doing something right with continual innovation year after year. We are so excited to see how the Chicago hotel grows as millennials start to enjoy everything this property has to offer. Ohhhhh, did we mention you can beat the winter blues at the indoor pool?!?!
There is often a misconception between luxury and affordability. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts offer an array of luxe experiences for every person. Did you know that you can spend the entire day at the hotel with your besties?
Our favorite spa offering is the BFF massage (because bows before bros) followed by a day of enjoying all the amenities which are included in your services – a glass of Champagne, steam room, sauna, indoor pool, fitness center and business center, if you must plug in. The Four Seasons Signature massage runs $150 for 55 minutes, it’s perfect for bridal parties, birthday parties. Creating the time to relax together with experiences like this are priceless. A day of relaxation with best friends at a spa is a great trade off for any shopping trip or dinner out on the town, priorities!
If your family is looking for a new tradition, which involves zero dish washing and no grocery store lines for the Thanksgiving Holiday, the Four Seasons is still accepting reservations for their feast. Book now using this link: https://www.alliumchicago.com/holidayevents/
Thank you to our partners who made this year’s Friendsgiving a success!
Dresses: Dress the Population
Hair + Makeup: @Salon833
What are your Friendgiving plans?