When you do what you love, you will never have to call it “work”. It is every Dolls’ duty to find your passion, discover the positive effect it has to those around you and follow your dreams. That being said… It is with gratitude and excitement that we announce Once Upon a Dollhouse Yoga! These Dolls will be teaching yoga together for special events and occasions.
In this life, there are inevitable highs and lows. Coming to our yoga mats has remained a constant for us both collectively for 20+ years. Through asanas (postures), pranayama (control of breath), meditation and vinyasa, we have been able to navigate this beautiful life. We both received our 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher certification from Yoga Loft in Chicago. Finding what you love and sharing it with the world leads to ananda, the sanskrit word for bliss.
The practice of yoga has been so rewarding and only further propelled us on this path to sharing our practice. Here are five tips to keep in mind with your yoga routine on and off the mat.
- Stay Balanced: All things in moderation help us keep healthy minds and bodies. While we may have a green pressed juice and vegan meal one day, we may treat ourselves with pizza and ice cream the next. We may run and do yoga one day and veg and watch a Netflix the next. Keeping balance in all aspects of life allows us to take things one day at a time, keep up with our workout routines, and stay away from binging on a meal.
- Be Present: Try to stay present in each breath you take, each movement you make, and each muscle you are training.This translates on and off the mat. By noticing every action your body takes, the beauty of the world around you becomes clear.
- Have Fun: The life we live is magical… have fun with it! Whether your fitness routine of choice is yoga or something else, make sure it’s something that you genuinely enjoy. Life is too precious to not live to the fullest.
- Reverse your Routine: Try something new! Leave your comfort zone. Challenge yourself. You can try a new practice, or even a new posture. Always remember – anything is possible.
- Feel Gratitude: Last but not least – this may be the most important mantra of all. Through all the highs and lows of life, showing gratitude must remain a constant. Each day when you wake up, think of one thing you are grateful for. Keep that thought with you throughout the day and express your gratitude in whatever way you feel. It can be as simple as a text, a phone call or something bigger!
We love to try out different forms of yoga – everything from Ashtanga to Bikram to Power Yoga to Restorative Yin and a lovely Vinyasa Flow. This helps us stay experienced in our own practice and also helps change up our routine. Have you tried out a new class lately? Let us know if you have any new favorites in the city!
We hope to practice yoga with you soon!