Have you ever walked into a room and felt an instant sense of calm and happiness? The world is made up of energy, and we are naturally attracted to those that vibe best with our character. If you walk into a room and sense joy, it’s because the energy in the room has already effected you. Friends and family may be laughing, smiling and having a good time. While the world is made up of energy, there are seven spinning wheels of energy inside you. In order to keep these chakras balanced, it’s important to work on them with meditation and yoga. Crystals can even connect to these energy points as you work on them.
The word “chakra” means “wheel” in Sanskrit. The seven chakras are the energy centers in your body in which energy flows through. An energy system not visible to the naked eye for most people. If one of these energies is blocked, it can lead to an illness, so it’s important to understand what each chakra (energy point) means in order to keep the energy in your body flowing nicely. When your chakras are clear, you may experience the actualization of each.
- Root Chakra connects to our foundation and feeling of being grounded. This chakra is located at the base of spine at your tailbone. This is where the survival issues relating to financial independence, money, and food emotions lay.
- Sacral Chakra is our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. It’s located in the lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in. Here is where your sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality, and emotions lay.
- Solar Plexus Chakra is our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. It’s located in the upper abdomen in the stomach area. Here you will find where your self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem emotions lay.
- Heart Chakra represents our ability to love. It’s located at the center of chest just above heart. This is where your love, joy, and inner peace reside.
- Throat Chakra allows us to communicate. It’s located within the throat. Here is where your communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth emotions lay.
- Third Eye Chakra is our ability to focus on and see the big picture. This chakra resides in the forehead between the eyes. Here is where your intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions emotions lay.
- Crown Chakra is the highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. It’s located at the very top of the head. Here is where your inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss emotions lay.
The law of vibration shows that people, animals, plants and crystals are composed of particles of energy which vibrate at specific frequency and speeds. In crystal healing we often use the body’s seven major chakras. Cleansing your chakras is important to keep your physical body and etheric body in atonement. The following infographic will help guide you to in a crystal healing meditation to cleanse your chakras.
First, choose the chakra you want to work on and a coordinating crystal. Suggestions are listed, but always listen to a crystal that calls to you. Often times the color of a crystal relates to its chakra.
Lie down comfortably in a peaceful, calm place. Listen to calming music if that is soothing. Hold the crystal that relates to your chakra and state out-loud your intention that the crystal cleanses and rebalances.
Picture energy radiating from out from the crystal and into your chosen chakra for a minute or two. Become aware that the chakra is being cleansed and its spin regulated. Leave the crystal in place.
When you’re ready, move your attention slowly from the soles of your feet up the midline of your body, feeling the balance and harmony of each chakra as your attention reaches it.
Have you worked on your chakras before? Tell us in the comments!
Lifestyle photography of Caitlin & Dani was taken by Adam Brester in Bay View, Michigan. Adam specializes in real estate photography but will be incorporating more lifestyle and portraits to his site soon. We can’t wait to see more of his awesome work!