Caitlin and Danielle adore this time of year – it’s an elegant occasion to spend with your significant other and dear family. One of the very best things about the holidays – is getting Dolled up! ‘Tis the season to add some extra sparkle to your wardrobe and your demeanor. Elegance is more than fashion. It is a quality that lies within the essence of all Dolls – in your posture, your movement, the way you treat others. Here are a few tips for how to channel your inner-princess and add elegance and grace to any occasion.
Elegance is when the inside is as beautiful as the outside.” – Chanel
Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” – Audrey Hepburn
5 WAYS TO ADD ELEGANCE TO ANY OCCASION
- Doll Up. Having a lovely appearance cultivates grace from the inside-out. What is also so very important is often what we don’t see. Practice self care and self love. Hit the gym a few times a week. Practice yoga and meditation. Wear that new stunning outfit and when you want to get glam…get DOLLED up! That means your hair is done, your nails are manicured, and your makeup looks glam. A red lip and a spritz of Chanel No 5 perfume goes a long way.
- Exude Confidence. The art of elegance is unique and enchanting. Know that you are beautiful and your individuality is a defining factor of elegance. Posture is important. No matter what you’re wearing, the way you carry yourself is a reflection of your true self. Stand up tall; shoulders back, chest out; stomach in. Smile. High heels will always make your legs look longer, and your body slimmer, and help with upper body posture.
- Leave Something the Imagination. Elegance is mystery. True elegance is ageless and more than skin deep – it’s modesty and class dolled up in a feminine fashion. There’s no need to show off your décolleté to feel sexy. A perfectly tailored skirt or a dress with a cinched waistline will accentuate your feminine physique. When confidence, poise and grace are combined – the output is sexy.
- Be Present. ‘Tis the season for gifts, gifts, everywhere … and lots of LOVE to share. In the spirit of the holidays, we invite Dolls everywhere to turn off social media notifications and spend quality one-on-one time with the people you love most, because being present is the best present. Make eye contact, listen carefully, share your sparkle, accept compliments gracefully, remember silence can be stunning, and always wear a sincere smile.
- Give Back. The art of gift giving during the holidays is so special, and can be extended beyond family and friends. Consider helping those less fortunate as well. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Donate warm clothes for the winter season. Find a cause that speaks to you and join their efforts.
SHOP OUR LOOKS!
This post was written in partnership with Bloomingdales at the Langham Hotel in Chicago. Makeup by Liz Monroe of Chanel at Bloomingdales.