Strength is a quality both Dolls aspire to for themselves and for Dolls everywhere. Whether that strength is physical or emotional – sometimes it takes a community to help get you there. You can find the Dolls in a fitness class at least three times per week… and this summer you can find the two best friends immersing themselves across the country with their favorite fitness festival – Strength in the City.
It feels so good to get our hearts pumping, our bodies moving as our minds clear during a good workout. The best part to us is that we’re together! The community message around Strength in the City is what we fell in love with last year in Chicago.
The goal of Strength in the City is to provide a fun experience through fitness, no matter your age or experience level. STIC has a unique event set up… let’s dive into it — Traverse is the area of the fest where you can find and obstacle course and compete against yourself or your tribe for the best time possible. The Revive stage hosts yoga and is the place to stretch and recover. The Elevate stage will get your heat beat racing with the best local trainers around your town providing HIIT training. Nutritional and Wellness workshops are provided to answer questions that you may have about the topic and will have you feeling inspired to make some healthy lifestyle changes. The Garden of Growth is comfy & quiet which provides you with a space to unplug and enjoy pure serenity. Lastly, Vendor Village is the spot to score free swag from brands you may know and it’s a great place to discover some new favorites.
We already checked out the Chicago Kickoff and have all the activities to report back on:
The event was outside at Gibsons Italia on the river and it was everything we dreamed of… friends, fitness & food!
With one of our favorite blogger babes, Jen from Cranberry Tantrums!
After a two-mile fun run we had an amazing yoga practice on the lawn overlooking the river. It was the perfect Chicago Spring day!
After our workout we enjoyed Gibsons Italia brunch and a Michelob Ultra… we earned it! It was the best transition from morning to afternoon fun.
This years fit-fest kicked off in Chicago and is traveling to a city near you… And guess what — So are we! Cait and Dani are hitting the road with Strength in The City. Our goal is to soak up and share the vibrant energy of the cities below with anyone and everyone who wants to join.
We wouldn’t leave town without our Calpak carry on… find this one at Nordstrom Rack.
Just a heads up, there is going to be a lot of laughs and you may go home feeling really, really good!
Denver/Boulder June 29th
- 8am registration / 9am walk
- Curves of Life Walk with Curvy Girls Scoliosis
- Harlow Platts Community Park
- 1360 Gillespie Dr.
- Boulder Co, 80305
Denver/Broomfield June 30th
- 11am to 3pm
- Curves of Life Brunch with Curvy Girls Scoliosis
- Chateaux at Fox Meadows
- 13600 Xavier Lane.
- Broomfield, Co 80023
Denver August 18th
- Sculpture Park
- 1345 Champa St.
- Denver, Co 80204
Chicago Sept 14th
- Northerly Island
- 1300 S Linn White Dr.
- Chicago, IL 60605
San Diego October 13th
- Waterfront Park
- 1600 Pacific Hwy
- San Diego, CA 92101
Most of the fitness festival is outdoors so we recommend doing a few things in order to prep for the SITC fitness festival:
1) Hydrate – Environmentally friendly Dolls are the best Dolls! We recently took the Plastic Free Pledge with boxed water. Plastic bottles are filling our earth and oceans at an alarming rate. 1500 plastic bottles are sent to landfills every second. By taking the No-Plastic Pledge, you’ll be joining the movement against plastic bottle consumption and doing your part for a #BetterPlanet. We will be sipping on our boxed water at as many events as possible. We also encourage you to bring a refillable bottle to the events — It’s just as effective!
2) Sun Protection – Must we explain how harmful the suns rays are for Dolls and Guys? Probably not but we can explain that your usual sunscreen isn’t providing you with real protection, it’s actually causing more damage by entering your blood stream and recking havoc on your hormones. It’s time to switch to Caribbean Sol mineral sunscreen. Cait and Dani have both been using this brand for just over a year an approve, approve, approve of you to make the switch. #ChoosemineralsnotChemicals
Will you be joining us? Tickets and more information are available through http://strengthinthecity.com/.