Gratitude is the reason for the season. When you are in a deep state of gratitude, you will often spontaneously feel the presence of grace. The Dolls work to foster the elegant practice of grace – particularly during the holiday season. To Caitlin and Danielle, Grace is the simple elegance and refinement of movement in more than our physical being, it is in our mental-being, emotional-being, heart and soul. Read on for the Dolls’ 5 ways to cultivate grace.
I will hold myself to a standard of Grace, not perfection.”
The act of Grace has a different meaning from person to person as well as in different cultures. To some the act of grace is a religious term that demonstrates the “bestowal of blessings.” Another meaning is to “do honor or credit by one’s presence.” The previous meanings are beautiful but the one that holds true as a Once Upon A Dollhouse Mantra is “simple elegance and refinement of movement.” What does grace mean to you?
Grace in women has more effect than beauty” –William Hazlitt
Over the next few days, you will probably spend time with a variety of people in an intimate setting. These people may include close family members, relatives in from out of town, dear friends – all of whom you’ve been yearning to exchange good energy with. There will also inevitably be those you could go without seeing…. You feel drained after interacting, because they suck your energy – we deem this category as energy vampires. It’s in this setting that we encourage Dolls everywhere to turn their focus inwards, elegantly foster grace and share your sparkle outwards.
5 Ways to Cultivate Grace (during the holidays and beyond):
- Doll Up: Having a lovely appearance cultivates grace from the inside-out. Hit the gym a few times a week. Practice yoga and meditation. Wear that new stunning outfit when you want to and get glam… DOLLED up! What is also so very important is often what we don’t see. Practice self care. Take time to reflect on the unfavorable situations that happen, feel the ways you want and move on taking with you the lessons learned.
- Trust YOUR Journey: Always stay positive and know that the Universe has a plan for YOU. Life throws curveballs at all of us, but it’s your choice to react and move forward by keeping your dignity intact. Remain kind and calm. Stay positive. Smile.
- Breathe: In Sanskrit the word for breath is prana – meaning life force. Our breath can help center us in all aspects of life. When you need to, take a moment to remember your breath. Use your life force to stay centered and to act with elegance. You always have the right to smile and excuse yourself from a conversation to remember your breath and return. When you return with wit, sass and class, you may just WOW the room.
- Share your Sparkle: Stay away from harmful gossip. Treat everyone with respect and admiration. Share your own perspective with conviction. Do not retaliate to any hurtful situations and instead respond with love. Practice this daily in small situations that ruffle your tail feathers so when the big blunders happen, you will know how to stay shiny.
- Remember your Legacy: Always remember that you are in control of the vibrancy you share with the world. Remain respectful and treat everyone you encounter on a daily basis with compassion. Your legacy is defined by the way people feel after you exit a room.
We know how many of you already practice grace and on this day of gratitude we want to thank you with a very special giveaway! One of our beautiful readers will have the chance cultivate grace even more by getting DOLLED UP! Follow @onceuponadollhouse on Instagram and enter to win one (1) massage plus one (1) facial from Hand & Stone AND one (1) blowout plus one (1) Manicure & Pedicure from &Blowdry!
Grace in women has more effect than beauty [William Hazlitt] 💖 5 ways we cultivate Grace during the holidays and beyond 🙌🏽 LINK IN BIO 🙏🏽 We’d like to say THANK YOU to our a-dollable-readers with a Pampering *GIVEAWAY* 🎁 tag 3 friends you’re grateful for and you’ll be entered for a chance to WIN 🎉🎀Time to get Dolled UP 🎀 (1) massage 💆 plus one (1) facial from @handandstonechicago AND (1) blowout plus (1) Manicure & (1) Pedicure 💅🏼 from @andblowdrychicago (located in Chicago & anyone can enter to win). 👗: @bazarchicago 📸: @josiahthorngate . . . . One (1) winner will be chosen by random drawing on November 30, 2016. Winner will be notified via Instagram and must respond by December 5, 2016 to claim their prize.
Every Doll needs some pampering – and we can attest that Hand & Stone Massage is the ideal place to start this process! We recently visited the spa in Chicago to get our zen on with a relaxing massage and facial combo. We have to admit, this is one of our favorite ways to cultivate grace during the holidays and beyond. A massage helps melt away any stress and anxiety, leaving your physical being calm and ready to take on the season. We recommend adding the lavender aromatherapy for some extra relief. Next up enjoy a facial that will leave your skin GLOWING. This boost of radiance will have your confidence up several notches and ready for every photo opp.
One of our favorite activities in case you haven’t guessed is…. Getting DOLLED up from our head to our toes! &blowdry is one of Chicago’s most luxe and a-doll-able blow dry & beauty bar. This salon is a Doll’s paradise with beautiful chandeliers, pretty pink furniture and grand mirrors. From the moment you walk in, you will be in awe of the glitz and glam ambiance coupled with the care and attention to detail from the staff. This location offers blowouts, nail services, waxing, make-up application, eyelash extensions & microblading. We love to treat our tresses to blowout at this location – our hair is radiant after the luscious Oribe products and talented staff work their magic.
Tell us, how do you plan to cultivate grace during the holidays and beyond?